Remote Administration Problem

Martin Hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Fri Mar 26 03:31:16 PST 2004

Hi Hamed,

Why are you using telnet for administration, when there is SSH available? :)

In default configuration SSH is not allowing to log in as root at .

What you want to enable is:

PermitRootLogin yes

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config

But is it difficult for you to log in there as normal user and then switch
by su to root? su is checking in, who is in group wheel, and if you are
in wheel group, then you are allowed to su to root, else you are blocked to
su to root.

You wouldn't have to go to server room, if you would create also another
ordinary user account to which you will be loggin in when using ssh.

	cheers,
	Martin

--
=--