Where is OpenSSH?

Mike addymin at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 23 12:00:40 PST 2004

chris wrote:

> Openssh is part of the base system so you wont see it via pkg_info.

Ok, thanks. So where in the base system do I find what version of
OpenSSH that is being used?

So, if I understand this right...  That means that if OpenSSH really
needs upgrading, then I would need to upgrade the base system?  Would
this entail upgrading the kernel?

> If you are looking to upgrade to a version other than what is in the
> base system look at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not interested in upgrading to a version
that is not in the base system.

> Once you are familiar with ports take a look in /usr/ports/security for
> a more recent release. As far as security updates go take a look at
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/ for a list of
> security advisories and details about patching them.

Ok, I see the OpenSSH advisory (FreeBSD-SA-04:05.openssl), why isn't
this advisory on the 4.9 errata's "late breaking news" or for that
matter, why isn't this advisory found on this page (anywhere)?