ZIP DRIVE

Shawn Guillemette shawn at guillemette.org
Mon Mar 22 20:35:29 PST 2004

I have a 100M zip drive in my machine and want to start using it for some
backups. I have a script working (always looking for more if you have urls)
so it will erase the data on the zip disk using rm and then write some
tar'ed files to the disk. I cant seem to get the drive to release the disk
though. Id like to have the script release the tape for me so I know when it
has completed. Also wondering if there is another way to remove the files
from the destination media.. I know with tapes you can use erase, rewind, so
on .. are there similar commands for the zip drive?

Thanks,

Shawn Guillemette
There is no place like 127.0.0.1