Where is OpenSSH?

Miguel addymin at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 22 19:20:35 PST 2004

Greetings:

I have several RH-9 servers that I'd like to migrate to FreeBSD 4.9
latter this year.  So I put up a test 4.9 server to get fully acquainted
before heading off to a new universe [grin].

My Question: I read a CERT notification about the OpenSSH vulnerability
(just a few days ago) so if needed, I'd like to apply an upgraded
OpenSSH to the FreeBSD server. But when I went to the freebsd.org's
errata page (http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/errata.html), I didn't
see a reporting of the OpenSSH vulnerability.

Is FreeBSD's OpenSSH not vulnerable then? (I guess not??)

However...  where is OpenSSH?

After running cvsup and "make index && make readmes", I ran "pkg_version
-v".  The output showed that all of my installed programs were up to
date with the ports (am I reading this right?).

I ran "pkg_info" and there was no OpenSSH, only "OpenSSH-askpass".

[BTW, here is my supfile]
*default host=cvsup6.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_9
*default delete use-rel-suffix

On my Redhat boxes I just run "apt-get" and the patched OpenSSH packages
are right there.

I'm fairly new at FreeBSD so please forgive my stumblings about :)

Thank you,

Michael