CMS on FreeBSD

Dan Rue drue at therub.org
Fri Mar 19 13:38:08 PST 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 03:25:17PM -0500, Scott I. Remick wrote:
> Drupal looks really nice. Do you have any thoughts on Drupal vs. Mambo?
I've used both, but neither very much.  I can only tell you that my boss
went from Mambo to Drupal - I guess he found it easier to hack on.
That's the thing - if you can find one you really like, and learn the
internals, you can use it for many differnet things.  It's so nice to be
able to throw up a fully functional website in an evening.

> Hmmm it occurred to me that one module/component I'd really be interested
> in is some sort of organized (hierarchy) knowledgebase that is also
> searchable.
This sounds like a wiki..
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki
http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/