using Firefox & Thunderbird already, I can I delete Mozilla Suite.

Rommel B. IKEDA pwd8jmr22w at me.point.ne.jp
Tue Mar 16 16:24:46 PST 2004

|>I am presently using Mozilla Firefox as my Internet Browser and Mozilla
|>Thunderbird as my Email Client...
|>I used to be using Mozilla Internet Client Suite and it is still
|>installed...
|>I was wondering, should I desire to pkg_delete Mozilla 1.6 will it not
|>affect my Firefox and Thunderbird?
|

| I've got both Mozilla 1.6 and the latest Firefox installed -- they
| don't seem to tread on each other's toes at all.  Never had a problem
| when updating one in the presence of the other either, so I think you
| can pkg_delete with impunity.

Thank you very much for your response...I got your response 2 days ago
but unfortunately I downloaded my Emails in my other notebook pc that I
was testing for FreeBSD in my home...I am trying to promote FreeBSD to
my fiance and she was using the notebook lately...thus I was not able to
respond immediately to extend my thanks to you sir.

|>If it does, can I reinstall Mozilla without the Mail, Composer, and
|>other arguments available?
|>Thank you for any advice, answers, or anything...
|

| Sure:
|
|     % grep mozilla-devel /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf
|             'www/mozilla-devel'        => 'WITHOUT_MAILNEWS=yes
WITHOUT_COMPOSER=yes WITHOUT_LDAP=yes WITHOUT_CHATZILLA=yes',

| That's from the MAKE_ARGS[] array used by portupgrade(1) -- you can
| supply the same arguments on the make(1) command line if you prefer
| not to use portupgrade.
|
| There's a few othe WITH_FOO or WITHOUT_BAR options that have crept
| into the port which you can see by reading
| /usr/ports/www/mozilla-devel/Makefile or by:
|
|     % cd /usr/ports/www/mozilla-devel
|     % make pre-everything
I have already written down your advice in my notes as I have been
doing..lately...
Again my apologies for my late response, you had to re-post your email,
it is so kind of you...and thank you again for your advice, help, and
clearing things for me...
Forgive me if it is not related in this topic...just to inform you that
I was able to install jdk14 port and other 2 more plugins for
Mozilla...if you can still remember that you once adviced me on the
problems that I encountered regarding the latter.
By the way, I used to try pkg_version just to make myself feel quite
good in FreeBSD but I found portupgrade much easy, understandable for my
slow mind, and kind...

Have a nice day

- --
Rommel B. IKEDA