using Firefox & Thunderbird already, I can I delete Mozilla Suite.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 06:07:05 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 04:55:40PM +0900, Rommel B. IKEDA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am presently using Mozilla Firefox as my Internet Browser and Mozilla
> Thunderbird as my Email Client...
> I used to be using Mozilla Internet Client Suite and it is still
> installed...
> I was wondering, should I desire to pkg_delete Mozilla 1.6 will it not
> affect my Firefox and Thunderbird?

I've got both Mozilla 1.6 and the latest Firefox installed -- they
don't seem to tread on each other's toes at all.  Never had a problem
when updating one in the presence of the other either, so I think you
can pkg_delete with impunity.

> If it does, can I reinstall Mozilla without the Mail, Composer, and
> other arguments available?
> Thank you for any advice, answers, or anything...

Sure:

    % grep mozilla-devel /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf
            'www/mozilla-devel'        => 'WITHOUT_MAILNEWS=yes WITHOUT_COMPOSER=yes WITHOUT_LDAP=yes WITHOUT_CHATZILLA=yes',

That's from the MAKE_ARGS[] array used by portupgrade(1) -- you can
supply the same arguments on the make(1) command line if you prefer
not to use portupgrade.

There's a few othe WITH_FOO or WITHOUT_BAR options that have crept
into the port which you can see by reading
/usr/ports/www/mozilla-devel/Makefile or by:

    % cd /usr/ports/www/mozilla-devel
    % make pre-everything

	Cheers,

	Matthew