my first server

W. D. WD at US-Webmasters.com
Fri Mar 12 10:27:24 PST 2004

At 11:50 3/12/2004, Charlotte W. Caldwell (859-293-0639) wrote:
>I have over 150 web sites on 2 virtual servers running FreeBSD and Apache.
>Instead of continuing to add virtual servers as I expand my hosting customer
>base, I'm ready to set up my own server and install it at a local data
>center. I have the box and need to format the hard drives, etc., and install
>FreeBSD.
>
>I'm in way over my head. I want to make sure I do it the smart way the first
>time. Is there anywhere you can point me for documentation on the (correct)
>steps to take, best setup practices, etc.?
>
>It might be easier to hire someone to come in and do the set up/install for
>me (while I watch), or possibly talk me through it via phone. Please send
>contact info if you're interested.
>
>Thanks so much for your time.

Hi Charlotte,

I am hoping to put together my own custom-made server as well.  I've
put together the hardware, but haven't had much time for the software
part.

I really would like to see you succeed, (because if you document what you
do and share it, I would be helped ;^)  ) so I'll be glad to help when
it's possible.

Here is an archive link:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ -> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/