vhosts

John DeStefano deesto at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 10:04:12 PST 2004

My dear, fellow BSD enthusiasts,
I realize this is not an isolated BSD question, but I know many of you
use apache, and I wonder if this is a problem you might quickly
recognize, or if another configuration file might be worth looking at.

I'm trying to host two domains on one box with one IP (both LAN and
WAN).  When a user tries to visit any of the server aliases for the
second Vhost, they are always brought to the first host instead.
Note: I'm forwarding WAN port 10101 to LAN port 80, but I don't think
that has an effect here.

The relevent section of my httpd.conf file:

#NameVirtualHost *:80

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *:80>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog /var/log/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog /var/log/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>
NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.thedestefanos.com
ServerAlias thedestefanos.com *.thedestefanos.com
DocumentRoot /usr/www
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.thechocolateshack.com
ServerAlias thechocolateshack.com *.thechocolateshack.com
chocolateshack.com *.chocolateshack.com
DocumentRoot /usr/www/thechocolateshack
</VirtualHost>

Thanks very much for your help, as always.
~John