amavisd-new postfix issue

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Tue Jun 29 14:32:26 PDT 2004

Hello,
    My thanks to everyone who has so far offered help. Unfortunately i'm not
any closer to fixing this. I had to enable amavisd to log through syslog and
set it to mail so it would put output in maillog, then i added -v to the end
of the postfix smtpd line in master.cf. I then enabled content_filter in
main.cf, and tried to send a test message. Well, it didn't work and after
going through the resulting log file which vividly detailed the smtp
transaction i got the same error from smtpd as in my original post, no
additional information.
    Any other suggestions welcome.
Thanks.
Dave.