amavisd-new postfix issue

uidzero uidzero at one-arm.com
Tue Jun 29 09:48:27 PDT 2004

dave wrote:

>Hello,
>    Thanks for your reply. The strange thing is amavisd isn't logging, i've
>got logging set to a file and i'm not getting any feedback. Here's something
>strange, i stopped postfix, started up amavisd, then restarted postfix
>forgetting inadvertently to uncomment the content_filter line, it didn't
>matter because i got the same behavior from smtpd on postfix.
>    Keep the ideas coming.
>Thanks.
>Dave.

Dave, I've been working on postfix with clamav, amavis, and SA.

In your "/usr/local/etc/postfix/master.cf" at he bottom make sure you
have these lines and make sure that they are indented. It took me a day
or so to figure that out. (Again, make sure all of the "-o etc..." is
idented  under the main heading.)

# amavis configuration
smtp-amavis unix - - n - 2 smtp
       -o smtp_data_done_timeout=1200
       -o disable_dns_lookups=yes

127.0.0.1:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
       -o content_filter=
       -o local_recipient_maps=
       -o relay_recipient_maps=
       -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
       -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
       -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
       -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
       -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
       -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes

Hope this helps, if it doesn't, please let me know and I apologize. :)

Michael

--
Michael D. Whities
uidzero at one-arm.com
http://www.one-arm.com

--

There are four colors of hats to watch for:
Black, White, Grey, and Red.

The meanings are:
Cracker, Hacker, Guru, and Victim.