Problem restarts

User LAFFER1 laffer1 at adsl-68-76-19-75.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net
Mon Jun 28 10:27:52 PDT 2004

I had a similar problem with a server recently.  The issue turned out to
be the NIC/NIC driver.  I changed it over to a 3com and it worked like a
charm ever since.

I'm also using that power supply in a server.  I've noticed it gets very
hot under load.  I believe that model only has one fan and is considered a
desktop "silent" model.  Its possible that your system config is too much
for it running 24/7.  Its not the wattage per se, just that its not
designed for continously use.  My system is only an amd athelon 2000+ with
512mb ram, 1 7200rpm 40gig maxtor drive and a dvd reader.