changing cards in a reader

hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jun 26 14:39:28 PDT 2004

Aloha

Hopefully this is a simple question. FreeBSD does not support my
Olympus C-3000 Zoom camera so I bought a card reader (usb). It has
4 slots and when I boot or just plug it in I get 4 drives
(da0, da1, da2, & da3). If I have a SmartMedia card installed I
also see da2s1.

da2s1 mounts fine and I am able to see and use all of the photo files.

I have additional SM cards and would like to change the installed card at
will. If I do a umount and replace the card and try to mount again I
get an error  "mount_msdosfs: /dev/da2s1: Invalid argument". I should
say that the cards are different sizes. In order to mount another card
I have to unplug the usb cable and re-plug it in with the new card in
the slot.

I have read man camcontrol and do not see an option I can use.

Is there a way to do this without unplugging and re-plugging the cable?

hp# uname -a
FreeBSD hp.hawaii.rr.com 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Thu Jun 10 12:39:40
HST 2004 root at hp.hawaii.rr.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Thank You

Robert