how is port number mapped to a directory

David Banning david+dated+1088697557.c6d94b at skytracker.ca
Sat Jun 26 08:59:54 PDT 2004

I am just working with hylafax and notice that the reference to
the fax is something like;

recvq/fax01386.tif (ftp://3s1.com:4559/recvq/fax01386.tif):

in my case, but it does not work. Somehow the port 4559 is not taking
the user to the proper directory.

I know because I have usermin and webmin installed that when I put the
port number on the address it directs the browser to a specific
directory. I'm just wondering where is that mapped? Where does port
20000 equal "go to /usr/local/lib/webmin/usermin" ?