Mounting hard disk in multiple locations

Alan Gerber agerber at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 24 05:57:20 PDT 2004

Okay folks, help me out with this one.

I'm trying to mount a single hard disk slice in two separate locations (one
location being r/o and another being r/w), and having a hard time figuring out
how to do it.  I've tried issuing multiple mount calls, but I get a "Device
busy" error.  I've also checked out the mount(8) series of manpages and
haven't found anything.  I've also thought about trying to create a separate
device node for this purpose, a la mknod, but I wanted to be sure that won't
do anything overly harsh to the system before I attempt it.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

--
Alan Gerber