losing disk space

synrat synrat at wirewalk.org
Wed Jun 23 09:05:47 PDT 2004

Filesystem                 Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/vinum/data             67G   2.0K    62G     0%    /data

Does this look weird or what ??

This is a mirrored vinum volume created from 2 partitions fully taking
up 2 73gb drives.  vinum shows this as 68gb volume, which I guess is ok
considering kb>mb>gb calculation rip-off, but losing 10gb after newfsing
is something new. The only other thing I did is turn on soft updates,
but I wouldn't expect that too 'steal' 10 gb also. anyone  ?

thanx in advance