NVidia Riva TNT2 64 ?

hemepar hemepar at pr.gov.br
Tue Jun 22 14:50:58 PDT 2004

Dear Friends : I´m trying to install a 5.0 FreeBSD and, after my tenth try... I´m quitting. The XFree86 don´t recognize my video card ! Also, after a buggy installer (!) , after choosing KDE at the installation, I have to type startx at the terminal (?) and nothing happens or worst, I have a wrong message that I don´t have video  ! I tried all kind of NVidia Riva, TNT, TNT2, TNT2 Ultra, VGA Generic , with none answer ? I'm thinking in download a new version, 5.21, but, I wouldn´t like to have this same problem, again ! I'm trying to install on a Intel motherboard, P4 1.6 GHz, 128 Mb RAMBUS, 8139 Realtek netwok and a 32 Mb NVidia Riva TNT2 64 video card. Also, I would like to know, if it´s possible to install on a Athlon 1000 (T-Bird), Soyo K7VTA-B, 256 Mb RAM,  32 Mb Savage 4 video card, Sound Blaster Live sound card and a Realtek 8139 network , that I have at home. Yours truly, Newton Nickel - Curitiba - PR - Brazil