Any 4.10 installation on asus pundit ?

Bernard Dugas bernard.dugas at is-production.com
Sun Jun 20 09:50:36 PDT 2004

Hi,

Phil Schulz a écrit :
> I didn't see the beginning of the thread.

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-questions/2004-June/049482.html

  But I had a similar problem on
> my desktop machine using (I think) 4.9-Release. It started when I had to
> change the motherboard. The new one came w/ an SiS chipset that wasn't
> supported by FreeBSD. I solved the problem by adding a line to
> /sys/dev/ata/ata-dma.c. It worked for a few weeks w/o any problems until
> I switched to RELENG_5_2 for various other reasons.
> You might want to post what chipset your mainboard uses.

http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=Pundit&langs=01
  -> Chipset SIS 651/962
  -> Lan Broadcom BCM4401

The freeBSD 4.10 ata0 seems not to work properly with the native udma 6
of the pundit. Forcing "dma disabled" in the bios for the disk prevents
the "ad0 : read command timeout" "ata0 resetting devices" blocking.

But no more DMA is not ideal for a server...

I've tried a new ide cable, and a new drive, without effect.

In addition, I can't find the bfe0 network driver for the Broadcom
BCM4401 in the kernel configuration, but the 4.10 release notes told the
bfe should be in.

Any hints ?

Thanks a lot, best regards,
--