known error building expat2

Joe joe at dubium.com
Sat Jun 12 07:53:54 PDT 2004

Could someone take pity on me - I am not a C programmer.  The following error appears in building expat2, it has been reported as a bug in the port and it doesn't look like it will get attention soon.  Unfortunately I need to get through this port.

I've done some investigation. Short of a crash course in C programming, I am quite lost trying to figure out the error.

In /usr/ports/textproc/expat2

 xmlwf/xmlwf.c:24: syntax error before `characterData'
 *** Error code 1

 Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/expat2/work/expat-1.95.7.
 *** Error code 1

This has been reported as an error:
ports/64259: expat-1.95.7 compile fails with non-obvious syntax error
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2004-March/027615.html) and has been assigned a severity - low, rightly so

--
Joe S.