Frontpage and jails and possible alternatives

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Thu Jun 10 13:48:38 PDT 2004

Bill,

ok, I tested this out for ya, and I couldn't duplicate the issue. FreeBSD
4.8...

I put an additional IP on the main interface, and started apache with
Listen IP:80 for each IP. The server has mod_frontpage using apache 1.3.29.
I even tried have the BindAddress in the conf file as well.

Sorry, I don't have the extra time to install 1.3.31 and recompile for ya,
but I think there is something else going on there...

Where in the conf file is your Listen directive ? What OS ? Is there
anything listening on port 80 when you have apache off ? Is your IP an
alias to the primary interface ?

I really don't think that the frontpage module even has the ability to
change what apache binds to...

Anyways, thought I would let you know that I couldn't reproduce it...

Tim.