What is mcopidl ? - breaking kde upgrade

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Wed Jun 9 17:16:15 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 04:16 pm, Murray Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 18:14, Kent Stewart wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 June 2004 12:56 am, Murray Taylor wrote:
> > > When attempting to rebuild kdebase I got the following error...
> > >
> > > checking for mcopidl... not found
> > > configure: error: The important program mcopidl was not found!
> > > Please check whether you installed aRts correctly or use
> > > --without-arts to compile without aRts support (this will remove
> > > functionality).
> > >
> > > Where should I find this to fix/install this program?
> > >
> > > Also where is the kdebase 'saved configuration' file ? I think
> > > that a setup value has got itself bent.
> > >
> > > mjt
> >
> > Are you attempting to upgrade kde or what?
> >
> > As far as arts is concerned, did you try doing
> > portupgrade -f arts
> >
> > Kent
>
> Was doing portupgrade -R kdebase when it bit the first time
>
> Dug into the script log and found that it seemed to be
> related to arts so have done (successfully) portupgrade -Rf arts
> yet a subsequent portupgrade kdebase still bombs out.
>
> I do notice that it is finding some previous config file for kde
> and I am wondering if that has got bent.
>
> any other suggestions?

No, but 3.2.3 is out and you might just cvsup ports-all, rebuild the
iindexes, download the packages from FruitSalad into
ports/packages/All, delete the old 3.2.2 packages, and cleanly install
the new ones. The packages at FruitSalad will out of date in a little
while but right now they are as current as you can build.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA