What is mcopidl ? - breaking kde upgrade

Murray Taylor murraytaylor at bytecraftsystems.com
Wed Jun 9 16:16:11 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 18:14, Kent Stewart wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 June 2004 12:56 am, Murray Taylor wrote:
> > When attempting to rebuild kdebase I got the following error...
> >
> > checking for mcopidl... not found
> > configure: error: The important program mcopidl was not found!
> > Please check whether you installed aRts correctly or use
> > --without-arts to compile without aRts support (this will remove
> > functionality).
> >
> > Where should I find this to fix/install this program?
> >
> > Also where is the kdebase 'saved configuration' file ? I think
> > that a setup value has got itself bent.
> >
> > mjt
>
> Are you attempting to upgrade kde or what?
>
> As far as arts is concerned, did you try doing
> portupgrade -f arts
>
> Kent

Was doing portupgrade -R kdebase when it bit the first time

Dug into the script log and found that it seemed to be
related to arts so have done (successfully) portupgrade -Rf arts
yet a subsequent portupgrade kdebase still bombs out.

I do notice that it is finding some previous config file for kde
and I am wondering if that has got bent.

any other suggestions?

mjt

--
Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer
E: murraytaylor at bytecraftsystems.com
or visit us on the web
http://www.bytecraftsystems.com
http://www.bytecraftentertainment.com

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.