Improper shutdown of system / Fragmentation Problems / Boot logs

Thomas Farrell info at mvcg.net
Tue Jun 8 18:53:17 PDT 2004

Sometimes  the power goes out and my machine shuts off . when I power it
backup it fails at check root file system. and drops me into a shell I run
fsck /dev/da0s1a   and answer yes to fixing of fragmented inodes.  figure
out what drive/partition root is mounted of  by typing df and then run fsck
on it.

ssigc# df
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/da0s1a   1813422  1323568   3444782    39%    /
ssigc#fsck /dev/da0s1a