Postfix Help Please!

bryan cassidy linux_kinda_guy at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 19:01:42 PDT 2004

Hello. Running FreeBSD 4.10. I am using Mutt as my MUA
and want to use Postfix as my MTA. I have the
following in my /etc/rc.conf (This is everything
related to my network settings)

hostname="bsdjunky.homeunix.org"
ifconfig_xl0="inet my.ip.address netmask
255.255.255.0"
pccard_ifconfig="inet my.ip.address netmask
255.255.255.0"
kern_securelevel="NO"
sshd_enable="NO"
gateway_enable="YES"
hostname="bsdjunky.homeunix.org"
portmap_enable="NO"
network_interfaces="auto"
rwhod_enable="YES"
ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_profile="pppoe"
ppp_mode="background"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_flags="-bd"
sendmail_pidfile="/var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"

In /etc/periodic.conf

daily_clean_hoststat_enable="NO"
daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"
daily_status_include_submit_mailq="NO"
daily_submit_queuerun="NO"

This is for the other basic question I have. Here is
my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf (minus usr and passwd of course)

default:
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 nat enable yes
 nat same_ports yes
 nat use_sockets yes
 set redial 0 0

pppoe:
 set device PPPoE:xl0:
 set mru 1492
 set mtu 1492
 set speed sync
 enable lqr
 set lqrperiod 5
 set cd 5
 set dial
 set login
 set timeout 0
 set authname usr at bellsouth.net
 set authkey passwd
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0
0.0.0.0
 add default HISADDR                    # Add a
(sticky) default route
 enable dns

I really have no clue obviously about networking,
basic e-mail stuff like domain name, hostname, and the
such. I thought I was getting the hang of things but
just figured out that I know nothing. I am able to
download my e-mails but I can not send any e-mails to
anyone besides myself. ANYONE! I've attached my
postfix main.cf file. Hope someone could really help
me out here. My second problem is when connected to
the net (I have a Static IP/PPPoE through Bellsouth)
After a little while I am not able to connect to the
net.

Thank You!