amavisd/clamav Virus Recipient email notification template woes

Logan Ashby lashby at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 12:38:33 PDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:42:00 -0400, Tim Schutt <tschutt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got postfix/amavisd/clamav configured on my mailserver, but I am
> having trouble getting the notification emails to format properly.

Virus and spam notifications are a bad idea.  Both types of email
forge the sender address, so notifications to the sender wind up going
to a third party that can't do anything about the problem.  Notices to
the intended recipient are simply a waste of bandwidth.

I know there are those who feel you should never discard mail, but in
this case, I'm fine with it.