backspace and delete keys behavior

Peter Ryan pryan at singnet.com.sg
Fri Jul 30 06:04:25 PDT 2004

I've got the same thing on the 2 machines i am experimenting
with.  I am new and thought it was a standard feature :)

I also defined a standard US 101 keyboard.

Makes me think there is a setting or choice at installation that
deals with this, rather than having to patch something.

I counted my keys - there are 101. It looks as much like
a standard US keyboard as anything else I have.

My XF86Config file section for the keyboard contains
	Identifier "Keyboard0"
	Driver "keyboard"
	option "XkbModel" "pc101"
	option "XkbLayout" "us"

Could someone who this does not happen to tell me what
is different in their file.

I am running freeBSD 4.10 RELEASE

Thanks
Peter