Questions regarding /etc/make.conf

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Mon Jul 26 05:26:29 PDT 2004

I'm curious - I have an AthlonXP cpu, and I seen on several posts where
people have listed, CPUTYPE?=athlon-xp in /etc/make.conf.

My question is this, what are the ramifications if I added that to my
/etc/make.conf now, after my current device has had nothing in the
before mentioned file.

How might the above effect pre installed/compiled apps be effected.
Also - where can I find valid CPUTYPE? parms so I ensure I use the
correct one.

In addition, if I add some of the "tweaks" such as
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe
to /etc/make.conf - would there be any impact in pre installed/compiles
programs after the fact.

--
Best regards,
Chris

ClamAV virus dat updated: Mon Jul 26 2004 at 03:02:52
daily.cvd updated (version: 422, sigs: 1134, f-level: 2, builder: ccordes)