Growisofs and etc/crontab

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Jul 20 15:15:35 PDT 2004

"gradeAstudent.com" <admin at gradeastudent.net.au> wrote:

> Hello Everone, Anyone burning DVD+RW's from /etc/crontab? I am running
> Freebsd 4.10. I only get "growisofs not found" or something like that from
> cron in the mail messages it sends out.

If you want any serious assistance, you'll provide the exact error message,
as well as the exact command that caused it.  Otherwise, we can only guess
at what you're doing and what's going wrong.

> When I type out the growisofs
> -dvd-compat ... command it works great but from within cron doesn’t seem to
> work. Anyone have any ideas.

My guess is that your cron job doesn't know where growisofs is and you
haven't specified the full path to the program.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies