using NDIS

Jason Dusek jason-dusek at uiowa.edu
Fri Jul 16 07:46:26 PDT 2004

I built the ndisulator last night and it appears to work:

   ndis0: <Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card> mem 0xfafee000-0xfafeffff irq
   11 at device 3.0 on pci2
   ndis0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
   can't re-use a leaf (Country)!
   can't re-use a leaf (Channel)!
   ndis0: NDIS API version: 5.0
   ndis0: Ethernet address: 00:90:96:b9:95:64
   ndis0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
   ndis0: 11g rates: 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps

So how do I use my wireless card? Is there some command that I run to turn it on
and off? I have tried searching the lists, and I've gone to the NDIS web site on
sourceforge, but it seems that other people's questions focus on getting the
ndisulator to compile. I am completely clueless here, so any help would be
greatly appreciated.

- Jason