Sound Blaster Live

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Mon Jul 12 20:17:29 PDT 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 21:58, Javier Ramirez wrote:
> there is no another way???
> no exist module for this card??

Your best bet is to follow LukeK's advice and add the following line to your
kernel config file, recompile your kernel, and restart:

device	pcm

I believe there is a loadable kernel module, but darned if I know what that
is.  I just do it this way.  If you've got something better than a P3 600,
this should only take about 5-10 minutes, tops, to complete.  Restart and
you've got sound!

HTH
--
Eric F Crist

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry, and the world WILL turn.