Sound Blaster Live

Luke Kearney lukek at meibin.net
Mon Jul 12 20:00:45 PDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:58:22 -0300
Javier Ramirez <jvr_78 at yahoo.com.ar> spake thus:

> there is no another way???
> no exist module for this card??
>

> On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 23:28, Luke Kearney wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:07:32 -0300
> > Javier Ramirez <jvr_78 at yahoo.com.ar> spake thus:
> >
> > > Hi, I have a problem
> > > I have the sound blaster live, and in other system found
> > > When I initialize in freeBSD show me this:
> > >

> > > Sound server informational message:
> > > Error while initializing the sound driver:
> > > device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such file or directory)
> > > The sound server will continue, using the null output device.
> > >
> > > and the sound not fount
> >
> > Hi,
> > Have you compiled sound drivers into the kernel? I have the same card
> > and after adding
> >
> > device    pcm
> >
> > to my kernel and creating the devices it works like a charm.

Umm none that I know of but your asking in the right place. Recompiling
the kernel is really not too difficult albeit time consuming if you
machine is slow. The handbook can walk you through this, I followed the
handbook as a newbie and it was very straightforward.

HTH

LukeK

--
Luke Kearney <lukek at meibin.net>