Can't Mount Optical Drive

Jason Dusek jason-dusek at uiowa.edu
Sat Jul 10 14:28:18 PDT 2004

Hi Again,

In that there must be something else wrong, because after trying a few
permutations I was unable to get the drive on my D600 to work:

  1 root # mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom
  mount_cd9660: /dev/acd0: Input/output error

  2 root # mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom
  mount_cd9660: /dev/acd0c: No such file or directory

  3 root # mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0c /cdrom
  mount_cd9660: /dev/cd0c: No such file or directory

  4 root # mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0 /cdrom
  mount_cd9660: /dev/cd0: No such file or directory

Do I need to create some directories for this to work? How will my
computer know what directories to attach the drive to?

- Jason