Corrupt list archives?

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Fri Jul 9 10:00:02 PDT 2004

In the last episode (Jul 09), John Murphy said:
> Dan Nelson <dnelson at allantgroup.com> wrote:
> >In the last episode (Jul 09), John Murphy said:
> >> While browsing the freebsd-questions archives at freebsd.org and
> >> via google, I noticed that corruption occurs, under some
> >> circumstances, where "=" becomes "=3D" (3D is ascii for =) and
> >> some spaces are shown as "=20".
> >
> >Sounds like quoted-printable MIME encoding.
> >
> >> The first instances of the problem (found via google groups)
> >> ~occurred 1994! The first archived in this list ~Feb. 2000.
> >>
> >> The same corruption can be seen in the mailing.freebsd.questions
> >> newsgroup so it's not an http/html problem.
> >
> >Do you have a message-id of a message showing this?
>
> This URL: http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?dtfte05p8b3djcvtbp9o24fqpopbiakosj
> shows the mess made of my original post.

I think that's just because the mid.cgi script doesn't know how to
process quoted-printable text, so it just passes it though.  The
pipermail archive of your message at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-July/052070.html
looks correct, as does the gmane copy at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.questions/99889

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com