Turning off submission (587) port

Oliver Fuchs oliverfuchs at onlinehome.de
Wed Jul 7 21:09:08 PDT 2004

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004, Chris wrote:

> Folks,
> 	I would prefer to shut this port down if I can. I'm unsure if and how it
> can/do it. Other then that, would there be an effective ipfw rule that would
> block this?
>
> 	If the above needs recompiling sendmail, then I would certainly prefer the
> latter.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Chris

 From "sendmail Cookbook" I have this example (10.2) for sendmail.mc:

 FEATURE(`no_default_msa')
 DAEMON_OPTIONS(`NAME=MSA, Port=587, Addr=127.0.0.1, M=E')
 DAEMON_OPTIONS(`NAME=MTA, Addr=127.0.0.1')
 MASQUERADE_AS(`chef.whoareyou.com')

The MASQUERAD_AS feature in this example is only used if you want replies to
mils sent to a server with a active SMTP port.

Change to /etc/mail, run make stop, make all, make install, make start

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit