Time issues between Winblows and FreeBSD on same system.

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Sat Jul 3 17:39:44 PDT 2004

Hey all,

I've got a laptop with FreeBSD 5.2.1 and Windows XP.  Using network time
update on freebsd, I can keep the time on my laptop accurate.  However,
windows falls behind by about half an hour when I do so.  If I set
Windows to use 'internet time', using the same time server
(time.nist.gov), I get a difference of about 8 1/2 hours!

Anyone have a similar issue?

Thanks.

Found on Conan O'Brian:
Children's books written by celebrities;
   By Mel Gibson: Jesus Christ and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very
Bad Day.

-----
Keep your powder dry and your pecker hard and the world WILL turn.

-----
Eric F Crist