Wireless Networking in FreeBSD 5.2.1

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Sat Jul 3 16:38:22 PDT 2004

Hey all,

I'm trying to get wifi working in freebsd 5.2.1.  This card WAS working
in 4.9 and 4.10, but I get an error similar to:

Error: busy bit won't clean on wi0

Or something to that effect.  If I boot the system without the card, I
can see it and make lights blink, but it never associates to any
networks (I have one).  If I pull the card out, I get the above listed
error.  Is there something I'm missing in 5.x?

Thanks.

P.S. I have a linksys WPC11 ver 3 card.

Eric.

Found on Conan O'Brian:
Children's books written by celebrities;
   By Mel Gibson: Jesus Christ and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very
Bad Day.

-----
Keep your powder dry and your pecker hard and the world WILL turn.

-----
Eric F Crist