xine and arts

Fridtjof Busse fbusse at gmx.de
Tue Jan 27 23:32:12 PST 2004

Hi
I recently switched from linux to FreeBSD and now I'm experiencing a
problem with xine (from ports) under KDE (from
packages) on FreeBSD 5.2:
If xine uses arts (OSS works fine) for audio-output, it doesn't
terminate correctly.
Even after I closed the xine-window, the process still runs and consumes
CPU. I have to kill it with 'kill -9' although ps marks it as runnable.
I contacted the xine-team, but they don't have anyone to check/reproduce
this since their BSD-guy doesn't run arts/KDE.
arts-output works fine for other applications (noatun, mplayer etc.), so
it's not a general problem.
Could maybe anyone of you verify this?
Thanks.

--
Fridtjof Busse
   "I don't know which is worse,  ...that everyone has his price, or