Abit KV7-KT600 Motherboard

Mark Terribile materribile at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 06:13:07 PST 2004

Abbas Karbassian (Abbas.Karbassian at sepura.co.uk>) writes"

>Has any body running FreeBsd 4.XX on Abit KV7-KT600 motherboard??
>
>The above motherboard has the following specification:
>
>Abit KV7 KT600A USB2+ LAN + 6CH.
>It also uses the VIA KT600 / VT8237 chipset.

I had a very bad experience with an Abit motherboard last year.
I don't recall the exact number but I think it was a K?7-???? .
It took an AMD processor.

The board has field-upgradable firmware.  When FreeBSD 4.6 (4.7?)
came up on it, it saw three NICs, one of them an old AT&T StarLan.
When it tried to initialize what it thought were NICs, it wiped out
the firmware.  This happened on two boards; fortunately my vendor
was very understanding and gave me a discount on a new motherboard/
processor configuration (a Gigabyte with a P4).

I did file a trouble report on it; if you search the FreeBSD trouble
reports for my name (as the author/originator) you should be able to
find it.

    Mark Terribile