isc-dhcp3 removed from ports

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Jan 21 06:07:35 PST 2004

Neil Darlow <neil at darlow.co.uk> writes:

> Doing pkg_version recently, I noticed that isc-dhcp3 has been removed from
> the ports collection.
>
> Why should such an important port be removed? I can't see that wide-dhcp
> provides the same degree of functionality e.g. dynamic zone updates with bind.

    $ grep isc-dhcp3 /usr/ports/MOVED
    net/isc-dhcp3||2004-01-18|Split in four partial slave ports
    $ ls -d /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp*
    /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3-client /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3-relay
    /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3-devel  /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3-server
    $

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
		resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/