installation problem with AMD CPU and Board

Jorn Argelo jorn at jorn.servebeer.com
Sun Jan 18 07:57:21 PST 2004

> Hi Everybody ,
>
> 	I want to install FreeBSD 4.9 or 4.9 but after installation finished
> then system try to boot again after reset but it's delayed on this
> sentence.
>

> **
> Agp0: <AMD 762 host to AGP bridge> mem
> 0xf4300000-0xf4300ffff,0xf8000000-0xfbffffff id device 0.0 on pci0
> **

But is it really a problem? Do you experience stability problems or
anything? If not, then I guess it's not really much of a problem. And what
is the time of the delay? My FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE hangs a bit during the
detection of my IDE controller, but it's rock-solid. I guess you shouldn't
worry too much about it unless it gives serious problems.

> it's interesting, I'm installed 4.9 and 4.8 via Floppy drive then I try to
> install FreeBSD 5.1 and 5.2 because I think that maybe unsupported drive
> it's delayed on same place ( I can't see the sysinstall menu ) ?!?!?!
> I don't understand why I can pass this section via floppy ?!

Umm...I seriously don't understand anything of this sentence