Good BSD/Linux Article (somewhat off-topic)

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Jan 16 08:01:30 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 03:51:23PM +0000 I heard the voice of
Andrew Boothman, and lo! it spake thus:

> Scott W wrote:
>
> >Hey all, just wanted to share a link to an interesting article
> >comparing/contrasting *BSD (primarily FreeBSD) and Linux, at
> >http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php
>
> Yes that is a great read. Ideal for sending to Linux-using friends who
> can't understand why I'm not using Linux myself.
>
> Personally I found it from my daily email from Google News which tells
> me about any new postings to news sites that contain "FreeBSD". I've
> found it very useful for seeing what large and small sites are saying
> about FreeBSD, even if just mentioning it in passing.

Y'know, I posted it to -advocacy and my local LUG mailing list on
Tuesday, hoping maybe a couple people would read it and have some good
comments and suggestions on it.  What happened is I haven't gotten
much of anything done the past few days, from using the comments and
suggestions, and answering all the emails I've gotten.

I guess somebody DID find it useful   :)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net