[OT] Configuration file parsing

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Tue Jan 13 11:42:54 PST 2004

At 2004-01-13T19:26:34Z, "Ph. Schulz" <ph.schulz at gmx.de> writes:

> Somebody said that I would be fine (when using GPL-licensed stuff) as long
> as I provide the sources to people who use the application. I guess
> providing the source within the company is not a problem...

No.  Again, no.  An entity does not have to make source available unless it
distributes the product to another entity.  You can build proprietary
software using GPL components as long as you do not distribute *outside your
company*.  If it stays internal, you have no legal or moral obligation to
make your source available.

Yes, using BSD libraries avoids the problem, but the GPL isn't as
restrictive as you're making it sound.
--
Kirk Strauser

"94 outdated ports on the box,