xmms - problem - how to fix?

Alex Zivenko twistfire at rambler.ru
Mon Jan 12 04:42:11 PST 2004

Hi!
I have some problem with my xmms mm player. When I'm treing to listen some mp3's it gives me aN error, that I don't know how to fix. I have KDE 3.1 if you need this info ^)
So here it is:
bash-2.05b$ xmms
/dev/dsp: Device busy
/dev/dsp: Device busy
/* with OSS driver */

** WARNING **: oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp): Device busy

** WARNING **: oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp): Device busy

** WARNING **: oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp): Device busy
/dev/dsp: Device busy
when i'm truing ESOund driver it gives me an error
esd: Esound sound daemon already running or stale UNIX socket
/tmp/.esd/socket
This socket already exists indicating esd is already running.
Exiting...