set env editor global

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Mon Jan 12 13:05:39 PST 2004

I think you are incorrect about root using the sh shell as default.
 My new fresh install of 4.9 uses csh as the root default shell.
I did nothing to make this happen, that's the way the system
was installed from the cdrom install disk.

I am to only one on this stand-a-lone system and ps ax
command shows me as csh.

The /etc/csh.cshrc does set the defaults for new users
added to the system, but has no effect on root.
Had the edit root .cshrc file to set env defaults for root.

But thanks for the pointer to /etc/csh.cshrc