bandwidth throttling for a particlarport for FTP server

Jamie Grunewald ccs2601 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 01:37:05 PST 2004

hi,

I'm fairly new to FreeBSD and I hope this is the
proper group to post this question.

I'm setting up a FTP server on FreeBSD 5.1 to be
accessed by a select number of people.  Is there a way
to limit the amount of bandwidth that would allocated
(e.g. I don't want to use the full 768kb/s (internet
connection max)) for my FTP port?  I have multiple
systems on my home LAN, the reason for limiting my
bandwidth for FTP purposes.  I do have a router with
an active firewall.

Thanks
james