Support for affordable S-ATA RAID controllers (xs4)

Rogier Krieger rogier at virgiel.nl
Tue Jan 6 16:30:47 PST 2004

Hi there Jon

Previous correspondence from jon (17:09 4-1-2004 -0800):
>do you have the RAID enabled version for your Promise
>controller? If so, I guess it's a match
>
>yes sir, and I apologize for my vagueness.

Thanks for the confirmation. It seems I'll give the controller a try.
I heard from one of the NetBSD developers (Manuel Bouyer, see [1])
the Promise card still is a software RAID solution, so I will
probably also test the RAIDframe functionality. We'll see how it
turns out. I'll be sure to report success.

Thanks for checking up on this,

Rogier Krieger