pkg_add and openoffice package problems (5.2-RC2)

Luca Gerli theglide at tiscali.it
Mon Jan 5 07:24:01 PST 2004

Hi Dany,

  I think I can workaround my problem by manually installing the required
packages and the openoffice: my main issue is to understand if I
really hit a limit of pkg_add or not, as I assumed, by reading docs
& posts, that it should be able to resolve dependencies and automatically
download the required packages.

  I suppose it works (not tested) if the package one wants to install
is located remotely, and on the same site where all other required
packages can be found. This is just my conclusion based on what I've
seen, but I'm looking for some expert to confirm or contradict it.

  Thanks anyway for your offer :)

  Ciao, Luca