Printing Problems

Kurt D. McCullum kmccullum at socal.rr.com
Thu Jan 1 16:52:11 PST 2004

I am running FreeBSD 5.1 with the CUPS print server. I am having some problems
with my printer and I was wondering if anyone had seen this before.

I am using an old HP DeskJet 1200C/PS.  I have it setup with CUPS and I can
print without any problems. But, when I try to print anything with graphics
in it the job takes a long time to complete. For example, when printing a
1.2mb jpeg file it takes almost two hours to print. Text prints without a
problem and small graphics don't slow it down too much. Do I need to change
some settings or is this printer just really slow?

Kurt