All I want is KDE 3.2

Chuck McManis cmcmanis at mcmanis.com
Sun Feb 29 17:25:54 PST 2004

At 05:02 PM 2/29/2004, Alex de Kruijff wrote:
>I have no qlue[sic] as what tk84 is. I experiance that kde_lib didn't build
>because kde_base was < 3.2 or visa versa. pkg_delete -a did work here.

tk84 is the Tk half of TCL/Tk for TCL ver 8.4. I used pkg_delete -a and
re-installed from packages to get KDE 3.1 back again. I was able to build
kdebase3.2 and kdelibs, it was the 'make install' from /usr/ports/x11/kde3/
that trys to rebuild Tk84. Even after manually installing the build tk84
from rabarber.fruitsalad.org it still wants to rebuild it.

For anyone else who is interested the problem build at the moment is
/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tk84 which is/was missing some includes (like
tcl.h) from its work directory. I'm manually adding them by hand (yuck!)
but so far don't have a clean build of tk84.

--Chuck