Connecting ISP problem

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Fri Feb 27 12:25:22 PST 2004

Hi!

> Now ISP connected but failure to connect Internet.  Tried twice

> tun0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1492
>     inet 203.88.164.90 --> 203.88.164.1 netmask 0xffffffff
>     Opened by PID 236

This looks promising :-)

> # ping -c 3 [url]www.google.com[/url]
> ping: cannot resolve [url]www.google.com:[/url] Host name lookup failure.

Try ping 66.102.11.104

If this also fails, don't read on - wait for help from someone more
experienced :-)

If this works, then the problem is that you don't have DNS server
specified. You should put something like this into /etc/resolv.conf:

domain mydomain.net
nameserver xx.xx.xx.xx

xx.xx.xx.xx should be replaced with your ISP's DNS server. If you don't
have your own domain name, you can use just your ISP's domain name
here.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* I've got a life but it won't run on my operating system.